We know that the Microsoft word is one of the biggest word processing software in the world, which is used by the vast majority. MS word is officially the part of the Microsoft office suite, and it is used widely in all kinds of official and the formal word processing tasks.
Microsoft Word was first launched in the year of 1983 and since then we have been witnessing the many version of it in many passing years. Today the Microsoft Word is simply known as the MS Word, and I’m sure that you must have used it at some point of your life in the various task of word processing.
Delete the page in Word is one of the most basic and the recurring task that you are going to do while working in the MS Word, since we know that while doing the word processing task in the Microsoft Word there are always the chances of going through any typing error.
For example you might be writing a page and all of sudden you realize that you have written the wrong content on the page, or you have given the wrong format to any concerned page.
There might be many such incidents when you are forced to delete such page, since you are no longer going to need that page. Here we are going to help you with our complete guide, by which you can delete any unwanted page in the Microsoft Word.
We urge you to go through this guide in order to know about some simple steps, which can help you in deleting the page.
- Using the Backspace Key
This is one of the most basic and the simple way to delete any unwanted page in the MS Word, and we all use it due to the ease of using this option.
You can use the Backspace key to delete or get out of any unwanted page, if you accidentally press the space key, which gets you at the next page, then using the Backspace key you can easily get out of that page.
Here is how you can use the Backspace key
- Go to the MS Word and then hold the Ctrl key and the end key together.
- It will lead you at the end of the document which is open in the MS Word.
- Now you just need to press or hold the Backspace key.
- It will start deleting the page that the cursor is at unless you leave the Backspace key or stop pressing it.
- Delete the page using the Delete key
Now this is the other method of deleting the page in the Word and this method can be used, when you want to delete the page in the MS Word which is not at the end of the document.
Yes using the Delete key option you can delete any page which may be anywhere in the document either in the middle, beginning or the end.
Here is how you can use the Delete key to delete any page in the MS Word.
- Go to the MS Word and there you need to position the cursor at the place where the deleting page actually starts from.
- Now you need to press the enter key for two times.
- Then at last just press the Delete key and with that the particular page will be deleted.
- Using the show/hide symbol
This is the last basic option by which you delete any page in the MS Word and you can resort to this option, when the above mentioned two ways of deleting the page didn’t work for yourself. This is how you can use this tool to delete any page in the MS Word.
- First of all just click on the home tab and there you will see the show/hide option.
- You can find this option in the section of paragraphs.
- Now there you need to select or highlight the area that you want to remove or delete.
- This area could be in the form of table, picture or the simple text.
- After selecting the area that you want to delete just click on the Delete key.
- With that click on the delete key the selected area will be deleted.
So, these are some of the basic yet the effective features by using which you can delete any page in the MS Word. We hope that all these ways will surely help you to delete the page that you are willing to delete.
How to Delete a Blank Page in Word
Well being the Microsoft Word user I’m quite sure that you must have encountered one issue with this writing software, that all of a sudden there appears a blank page either in the centre of Word or in the end of it.
Now assume that you are writing a very significant project of yours and during that focused writing task you get to see this issue it can really annoy you. What annoys more to the worst extent is the scenario when you can’t even delete it after so many efforts.
This is when we are going to help you by this of our article.
We are providing you below a step by step guide by which you can easily delete the blank pages in the Microsoft Word.
These are some of the basics yet the best alternatives that you can try in order to delete the blank page.
- Using the Backspace
- Open the Microsoft Word and get back to that blank page which you want to remove then get to the bottom of this page.
- Now start pressing the backspace key and the blank page will start getting removed with enter on the backspace key.
- Deleting the Blank page using the navigation panel
- The other basic option is to go to the view tab and there you will see the navigation panel.
- Now there you will need to select the blank page thumbnail.
- Once you select that blank page thumbnail just click on the delete key and this page will get deleted.
- The other option to delete the blank page is through the sections.
- Just go to the page layout of the MS Word and then click on the margins buttons there.
- After that you will see the other option of custom margins there click on it.
- Now click on the layout tab and there select the blank page there.
- After selecting the blank page just click on the ok and the page will get deleted.
How to Delete a Page in Word MAC
Well if you are a new Mac user or even if using the Mac, since quite a long time and you are still confused that how you can actually delete the page in the Microsoft Word then don’t worry we are here to help you with that.
We understand that such kind of scenarios arises when you are working at the Microsoft word and you just need to delete a particular page but you become unable to do that.
We are providing a simple step to step guide by which you can delete any page in the Microsoft Word.
- First of all open the Microsoft Word and get to the particular page that you wish to delete.
- Now after getting to the page you just need to click on any side or anywhere on the page.
- Being the Mac user you just need to press the ⌘+G and then click on the enter key.
- Next you will be asked to provide the page number there you need to select the page option and then click on the close option.
- Once the content is selected that you want to delete now you just need to click on the delete key of the Mac.
- With this the selected page will be deleted instantly.
How to Delete a Page Break in Word
Well the page break is the integral part of the writing where the page break simply implies a break of the writing, when the end of the page occurs and then the writing begins from the next page.
If we talk about the page break in the Microsoft Word then there are two types of the page break, which you are going to encounter in the MS word. The first-page break is the automatic page break, which is an integral part of the MS Word and it automatically ends the one-page writing, and get the writing begun from the next page.
As we have said that this is an automatic page break tool of the MS word and due to that you can’t delete it or adjust as per your own preference.
The other type of the page break is known as the manual page break, where you can set the break of the page as per your own requirement, as it works manually and you can also delete this type of manual page break.
Below we are providing you the guide by which you can delete the manual page break.
- First of all just go to the MS Word page and there you will see the show or hide symbol.
- It will show you the characters of the page breaks and the character.
- There you just need to click on the break which you want to remove.
- Clicking on the break it will get selected and once it is selected you just need to press the delete key.
- After clicking on the delete key the page break will be deleted.